Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cousin's Visit/Trip to Lagoon

I was so excited to get an email from Mindy telling me that she and her family were going to be heading out to Utah for a visit. We were even more excited to be able to have them stay with us. One day (this was July 22nd of course, because I obviously can't stay on top of blogging recent pictures!) we decided to take all of the kids over to Lagoon (minus CJ, thank goodness) for some good 'ol fashion fun!! Bill was a good sport coming with us. Jeff had to work (plus he hates the place), so he was the lone male adult hanging with us. I think he even had fun though! It was so freaking hot though! Thank goodness for the water rides or we would have never survived. We actually played until they kicked us out at 10pm! (So, when did Lagoon start closing their doors at 10pm? In my younger years (ha!) I could have sworn they were there til midnight!!) Anyway here are some pics of the day!!




Sammy totally cracks me up! He found a feather off the ground and was being pretty silly!



Always have to get a cheeser pose with my sis!
What posers!!! :)ha.



This was Ashley's first time on the Colossus! I was so impressed, she was scared but tuffed it out and loved it! She wanted to find Meg and Will and go with them too! Parker was pretty ticked because he wanted to be with us, but he was too short. Maybe next year bud!



This is Meg and Will before their first time. They were pretty pumped and weren't going to let Ashley show them up!! Meg and I ended up in the very back and we definitely got tossed around a bit. She thought one time was good enough for her. She hit her head on the side of her seat so she had a nice headache for a bit, but she still wanted to go on Wicked.




We all voted and this was by far the favorite of the day/night! I couldn't believe how brave Ashley, Meg, and Will were! It was a scary ride, but it was a total blast! They had so much fun that we did it twice! By the time we did Wicked again, it was 10pm and we got hearded out of the park with everyone else. We had a fantastic time! We miss you guys!!!

8 comments:

chelon:) said...

i sooo miss lagoon!! i love the pic of you and mindy :) i sure miss all of you!!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Cute pics! I think you look like your sis, minus the dark hair of course:) I LOVED Lagoon this year too - can't wait till next year...

Jenny H said...

We tried lagoon this year, but Deak was not a fan. Ab is though! I am happy u got to have fun with your sis!!

AJ Gorham said...

Looks like a blast!!!!! SO glad you had fun!

The Hardy's said...

First, you and Moo are so photogenic, and I hate you.
Second, I'm so jealous, it looks like you guys had a blast. I hate you.
:( You're bitter, unphotogenic sis

Anonymous said...

Oh man...how fun. Did you guys do anything for Jim's B-day? Ignore Tiff's comment. She is just into the antagonistic teen thing...bitter bitter bitter. WE love you even if you were adopted Tiff. :)

Mindy Terry said...

We did have fun! I must say, roller coasters have quite a different effect on a thirty-something year old body than they did when I was a kid.

Aunt T, you were missed. Although, I'm not sure we could have handled the intense fun-ness that you would have brought. Like I said, I'm just not as young as I was twenty years ago. xom

Natalie Winquist said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Glad you got to spend some time with your sister! You 2 are too cute!!!