Ok people. So, I've been feeling a little bit of a nag inside me to get a little more prepared and stocked up on food (just in case). I have a tendancy to get gung-ho and then I do nothing at all for a long time. I've just decided that I have to stick to it. It will only benefit me, right? Right. So I know that this probably isn't news to anyone, but I found this great website and for just a couple of bucks a month they help you build your food storage a week at a time. They take the ads from 5 major grocery stores and compare the sales, they tell you what the good, better, and best deals are and they also have meal ideas for the week with the sale items. Not only will it help with loading up on extras, I really think that it will help save on my grocery bill. I tried it out last night and was so excited when I spent $120 on groceries, but saved $91 on my bill. $210 in groceries for $120. Can't complain right? How pathetic is it that I get so excited about something like that?? I hate buying groceries so, so bad, but I had fun last night!! Go to myfoodstoragedeals.com and check it out! If you have any other ideas for me I'd love to hear about it too!!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
In a rut with eating the same meals from week to week? My girlfriend Becca tagged me in the hopes of trying to get some ideas for new meals in their house. What a fantastic idea! It spread like wildfire. Now as you browse the blogs and find any meals that sound good just request the recipe by posting on their individual site. There are already recipes posted. Now I don't know if I will be much help, but here we go!
Monday: Easy Lasagna (no need to bake noodles), homemade french bread (so easy!) and some canned corn.
Tuesday: Work Day- usually pick up fast food, have scrambled eggs or some type of breakfast food including cereal, or it's just fend for yourselves!
Wednesday: Chicken Divan Casserole, rice, and green beans
Thursday: (see Tuesday)
Friday: Sometimes eat out, sometimes eat at home. Easy homemade spaghetti sauce (makes enough to freeze for another meal), noodles, french bread.
Saturday: Another fend for yourself day. I'm quite pathetic!
Sunday: Dinner at Mom and Dad Harris' house (yea!!)
Now that list looks quite pathetic. I'm not helping much Becca, but hopefully I can get the help I so obviously need!!
TAGGED: Chelon, Natalie, Jenny, Sara, Amber, Becky, Debbie, Brooke, Brooke, and anyone else that love me enough to get me motivated!!
OK, so Debb you've tagged me twice and Becca you have got me once. Be patient with me like you always have to with me. I'm going to start with the easy ones first! :)
Debbie sent me this one. Don't think about the responses, write the first thing that comes to your mind. Here we go!
1. Where is your cell phone? sitting by me on the desk.
2. Your hair? in desperate need of a beauty salon.
3. Work? sucks.
4. Your father? far away.
5. Your favorite thing? I have to choose??
6. Your dream last night? don't remember...
7. Your favorite drink? Dr. Pepper, is there any other?
8. Your dream car? Mercedes CL65 (no room for kids!)
9. The room you're in? downstairs office
10. Your fears? hearing bad news about anyone in my family(death, sickness, etc.)
11. What do you want to be in 10 years? A cool mom to my teenagers.
12. Who did you hang out with last night? Jeff ( a little bit of American Idol & Biggest Loser)
13. What you're not good at? being creative on my own. I copy others creativity.
14. Muffin? Blueberry
15. One of your wish list items? Get the North Salt Lake house sold for a decent price. :)
16. Where you grew up? Utah, Texas, California, Georgia
17. Last thing you did? sent an email to Tiffany
18. What are you wearing? jeans and a black hoodie
19. What aren't you wearing? my necklace
20. Your pet? what pet?
21. Your computer? a Dell
22. Your life? Complete
23. Your mood? cheerful
24. Missing? what?
25. What are you thinking about right now? this question.
26. Your car/truck? white
27. Your summer? warm
28. Your relationship status? happily married.
29. Your favorite color? green
30. When is the last time you really laughed with meaning? Is it bad I can't think of anything specifically?
31. Last time you cried? Sunday
32. School? Ricks
33. Least favorite weather? A snowy day in April.
34. Soup? Potato Cheese
35. Movie? August Rush
That wasn't so bad, I quite enjoyed that! :) Now all you ladies are tagged besides Debbie of course!!!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Jeff and I also decided that it would be a great time to bless CJ so that my family who mostly live out of state could be here to celebrate with us. We got special permission to bless CJ at home on March 30th. We were so blessed to have such great support from all of our family. As I watched CJ being blessed, my heart almost burst with gratitude and love. I'm so grateful for a wonderful husband who is worthy to give CJ his name and blessing. I'm so grateful for the great preisthood holders we have in our family that could support Jeff and be apart of the circle. I'm so grateful to the incredible women who are married to these wonderful men. As I stood there in that moment, I was in awe at how blessed I was to know that every single person that was in the room, either assisting in the blessing or witnessing it was part of my eternal family. It took my breath away. I love every single person who was there supporting us, and I'm so grateful for thier impact in my life!
Then I finished off a wonderful week with a wonderful General Conference. It's not too often that I actually make it through all of saturday and sunday sessions of conference, but I did this weekend and I'm so glad that I did. I was touched, I'm motivated to try a little harder, live a little better, and be a better person. I'm grateful for living prophets, I'm grateful for the inspiration they receive, so they can inspire me. I'm grateful in knowing that the heavens are still open and that we continue to receive divine revelation even in our time. I'm grateful for my Savior and for the Atonement. I'm grateful for the gift of repentance. I wish I could say I am perfect, but I can't. I'm grateful for the knowledge of knowing that if I mess up, I can fix it. I do the best I can, but I know that I can do better and I will try!