Thursday, July 30, 2009

My girl is a ball player!!

 

Tonight was a great night at the ball park! I haven't been this excited for Ashley...EVER! Here we are in the beginning of tournament play in the West Valley Classic. We played a couple other games earlier tonight, pool play they call it. We won our first and lost the second, Ashley played her heart out! I don't know where this girl has come from. I have been impressed at how well she has done and how much she has learned this year, especially with her coaches on the Allstar team. Tonight, though, she was a different person than even 3 weeks ago. She BROUGHT IT TONIGHT!! She was aggressive and was hustling all over the place. She caught a fly ball and got a couple hits, which is huge anyway, because 2 weeks ago, she wasn't even swinging her bat. Two weeks ago, she was striking out without even swinging the bat and it was really frustrating! Last week, she finally started swinging and got a few hits (we had to bribe her with money, because threatening with grounding wasn't working, she got $15 out of the deal!;D) I couldn't bribe with money for this weeks game because, I could tell she may have found her mojo. I was right!! I just have to brag, because the girl hit a freakin' awesome, honest double, right over right field's head which drove in TWO runs. I wish I had it on film so I could watch it over and over. Ashley's coach who was on 1st base came over and was laughing at me, because I guess I was going a little crazy, on my feet, jumping around, screaming like a crazy woman. It was just priceless to see the smile on Ashley's face that I still don't think has left it. It was a MOMENT! You know, the kind of moment that makes you realize that there is nothing more rewarding than to be a parent, to see your child realize that they can do ANYTHING!!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Leslie said...

AWESOME...GO Ashley!!!!!!

Brandice said...

That is so awesome! I wish my kids were athletic like that. I think they have NO mojo. That is such a cool thing when you realize they've "got it". Hopefully she will continue to crave those moments of accomplishment and keep at it! Too bad you didn't have the crazy lady on film! I can just picture you. :)

McDougald Family said...

Go Ashley...Go Ashely...Go Ashley (with my silly white girl dance)

Jenny H said...

LOVE IT!! I would've been screaming right there with ya. Good for her...

The Hardy's said...

Those my sister, are the moments that make me most proud to be a mom.
Congrats Ashley! You roc!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! I always hated baseball (and softball.) Good job Ashley!


BTW, Mom, I read your comment. And I beg to differ. You have seen me ski right??