Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Las Vegas Baby!

Ok. So, I guess I need to back up about a week, before the surfing jaunt. Before Jeff and I headed over here to Maui, we took the kids to Vegas for a few days before they went to spend the week at Aunt Kim's in Gunlock. We had a free room at Balley's for 3 days, so Jeff and I thought it would be fun to take them there for a minivacation and just hang at the pool and maybe do some other random things.

It was fun, but stressful. I don't think Las Vegas (the strip) is an ideal location for a minivaca for small children. We decided it was a little too stressful for our liking. We did have a good time playing at the pool and the older kids really had fun with dad when he took them to M&M world while CJ and I stayed back in the room. In the future, we decided we will stick to a more kid friendly location that does not include naked women trading cards and scantily dressed men and women on cars, trucks, and bill boards.

 
 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Great photos and I agree the location is sure a eye opener for adults nevertheless kids but at least the kids had a BLAST!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ha ha - yep, Vegas is quite the place - but it looks like you still had fun. I have decided that all my kids need is a pool - it really doesn't matter much, we could just stay in Layton:)