Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hang 10 Baby!!!

 

So, I found my calling in life. It maybe took almost 33 years, but I found it. I was supposed to be a surfer chick. I could have been famous, I could have graced the cover all those surfer magazines. Blue Crush could have been my story. I could have...

Joel, Julie, Jeff and I decided to take surf lessons yesterday and I had a riot!! I was nervous, very nervous to do the lessons. I didn't want to screw up or make a fool of myself out in the water, I just didn't think I could like it as much as I did. We got a little instruction on the beach, maybe 5 minutes...where to stand on the board, how to get from laying on the board to standing up, and how to steer the board so you don't run into everyone else out there in the water. And then we were headed to the water. Rento (our instructor) of course yells to me, "C'mon Tami, you're up!" My brain went completely blank for a moment, I didn't think I would remember a thing he told me. We paddle out to the breaks and I turn around and he tells me to "Go". I got up on my first try and it was so fun!! It's really amazing at how small the waves need to be in order to push you in (obviously, you can tell by the picture), but it was awesome! I could ride the big ones, I just know it! I must have been a surfer in another life, I rock!!


Julie

Joel

Jeff

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Girl you ROCK and where did you go to?

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

NICE Tami!!! You are super brave - I would be terrified!

Kim said...

Fun! Are you in Hawaii again?

Alison said...

Way to go TAMI!!

Cathy said...

So cool...you are livin' my dream. I grew up the prima surfer wanna be.

Cathy said...

I just cut and pasted your pics and blog to a letter for dad. He will love it. Old Beach Boy tunes are flooding my mind....LOL

The Hardy's said...

How fun! I'm sooooo jealous, but will try to get over it. Looks like you're having a blast.

Brandice said...

That is so awesome! That would have scared the crap out of me! Mike is always trying to get me to learn so we can go together. So far the "afraid of sharks" excuse is holding strong, but not for long after he sees YOU doing it! You are a tough woman!

chelon:) said...

that looks like so much fun! you look like a pro :)

eredd said...

Are you home? Looks so fabulous! I hope you had a wonderful time!!