Monday, April 7, 2008




This last week passed by so quickly, but so many things happened! Easter weekend, on our way home from Island Park, I got the sad news that my sweet Grandma Felt had a stroke and most likely would not survive the week. Jessie (one of my moms, my dad's wife)was on her way to SLC from Atlanta in hopes to see Grandma before she passed on. Jessie made it to Grandma's bedside in time to be with her mother before she quitely passed away on Wednesday, March 26th around 10 am in the morning. Plans were made for all of the family to be here for Grandma's funeral on April 1st.

Jeff and I also decided that it would be a great time to bless CJ so that my family who mostly live out of state could be here to celebrate with us. We got special permission to bless CJ at home on March 30th. We were so blessed to have such great support from all of our family. As I watched CJ being blessed, my heart almost burst with gratitude and love. I'm so grateful for a wonderful husband who is worthy to give CJ his name and blessing. I'm so grateful for the great preisthood holders we have in our family that could support Jeff and be apart of the circle. I'm so grateful to the incredible women who are married to these wonderful men. As I stood there in that moment, I was in awe at how blessed I was to know that every single person that was in the room, either assisting in the blessing or witnessing it was part of my eternal family. It took my breath away. I love every single person who was there supporting us, and I'm so grateful for thier impact in my life!


Tuesday April 1st was Grandma Felt's funeral. It was such a beautiful service. She was an amazing woman who lived ordinary life in extrodinary ways. She lived her life serving others. Not just once in a while or every now and then, but ALWAYS! Over and over the stories were told of what she did for others or how she touched this person or that person. She was survived by 11 children, 58 grandchildren, and 51 great-grandchildren. I'm just so grateful to have known her! It was also so awesome to have all of my siblings here to attend the funeral. We don't get the chance to all be together too often with us living all over the country.


Then I finished off a wonderful week with a wonderful General Conference. It's not too often that I actually make it through all of saturday and sunday sessions of conference, but I did this weekend and I'm so glad that I did. I was touched, I'm motivated to try a little harder, live a little better, and be a better person. I'm grateful for living prophets, I'm grateful for the inspiration they receive, so they can inspire me. I'm grateful in knowing that the heavens are still open and that we continue to receive divine revelation even in our time. I'm grateful for my Savior and for the Atonement. I'm grateful for the gift of repentance. I wish I could say I am perfect, but I can't. I'm grateful for the knowledge of knowing that if I mess up, I can fix it. I do the best I can, but I know that I can do better and I will try!















Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Tami,
What a beautiful baby! Thanks so much for sharing. You are so sweet! We need to get together sometime. Hope all is well!

Jenny H said...

Such a darling picture of CJ. What a nice time with your family.

The Taylor Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. We are so lucky to have our faith to help us through! I am so glad to see a new picture of CJ, hello it has been to long. The blessing sounded sweet! I am so happy for you girlie!

chelon:) said...

cole is absolutely beautiful. i am so sorry about your grandma...i send my love :( what a neat thing though to have all of the family there for the blessing. wish i were there! love you xoxo

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Tami,
It was so happy to find your blog. I was just thinking about you and your kids. CJ is so cute! I'd love to get together. I can't believe how much your kids have grown up.

Anonymous said...

Tami, CJ is so cute you are so lucky to have 2 girls and 2 boys. Your testimony is so awsome thanks for shareing your feelings. I miss all you guys so much! Hope it warms up for you soon:) Tell everyone Hello for me..

Joanna said...

Tami - thanks for your sweet note on my blog. Not only do I adore your brother, but I have quickly fallen in love with all of his family!!! You have always made me feel so welcomed, and I genuinely love spending time with all of you. Even your kids make me feel so included! They are adorable. Thanks for letting me be a part of your fun family weekend!!!

Leslie said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother. It was be nice to be remember of all the service you have done and how it's appreciate.

CJ is so beautiful. The blessings sound like it be something you will always treasure and the realization
how truly we are blessed.

Syphus Family said...

Tami,

It was great to see you guys last week. I love the family photo! CJ's blessing sounded wonderful.

Jessica O. said...

Tami,

Your family is so cute. I still remember being Ashley's sunbeam teacher and I can't believe how grown up she is. Sorry about your Grandma but those are the moments we realize how blessed we are and we can be with our family forever.