Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Food Storage?!

Ok people. So, I've been feeling a little bit of a nag inside me to get a little more prepared and stocked up on food (just in case). I have a tendancy to get gung-ho and then I do nothing at all for a long time. I've just decided that I have to stick to it. It will only benefit me, right? Right. So I know that this probably isn't news to anyone, but I found this great website and for just a couple of bucks a month they help you build your food storage a week at a time. They take the ads from 5 major grocery stores and compare the sales, they tell you what the good, better, and best deals are and they also have meal ideas for the week with the sale items. Not only will it help with loading up on extras, I really think that it will help save on my grocery bill. I tried it out last night and was so excited when I spent $120 on groceries, but saved $91 on my bill. $210 in groceries for $120. Can't complain right? How pathetic is it that I get so excited about something like that?? I hate buying groceries so, so bad, but I had fun last night!! Go to myfoodstoragedeals.com and check it out! If you have any other ideas for me I'd love to hear about it too!!

8 comments:

chelon:) said...

thanks for the info!! albertsons just got bought out here so i miss all of the great deals that they had. i will definitely check this out to see if there really are good deals here...so far i have found nothing!! i hope that all is well. i miss you and love you tons. xoxo

Anonymous said...

WOW I am impressed with you. Thats great I end up spending way to much when I try out new stuff like that. Keep us updated with it

Leslie said...

Don't we all have problems with Food Storage? I know I do! That's so awesome that you were able to save so much money and have more grocery.
Our ward have been having food storage updates and the latest which I'll do when I move to Washington is 10 and 10, which mean you get 10 of your favorite recipes and purchase all the dry ingredients and multiply it by 10. So for example, say your recipe calls for a can of cream of mushroom then you purchase 10 of those and so forth. My neighbors just rave about this method and how it save money and time thinking "what to make for dinner?" Also you would have a food storage of food you truly will use and eat. I especially like the last part.

Shauna Hardy said...

I found your blog through Becca's page...she has everyone linked to her blog. I need to do better with food storage too...especially with talk of a recession and cost of just about everything going up in price....also, your newest addition to your family is so cute! Love the pics!

Natalie Winquist said...

Isn't it sad how much satisfaction we find in saving on groceries!! Hey, more $$ for us to spend on fun stuff like Hawaii, icecream, clothes, etc!! ;0) Thanks for the tips sista! We can all use a good deal!! Happy shopping!!

AJ Gorham said...

Thanks for the info! I did not know about this website...but it sounds great!

Leslie said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

The Taylor Family said...

Hey were did you go missy????? To busy for lunch????? I see how it is!!!