Monday, August 24, 2009

Watch out!! I'll shoot...

It has been so much fun having my (step)mom, Jessie and my sister Elysse stay with me for the last few days. Mom was bringing Elysse here to Utah to drop her off at BYU in Provo. Elysse doesn't get to actually stay there until Tuesday, but I got to go down to Provo with them on Saturday and got to help her get some of her stuff moved into her dorm. Oh man, have the memories starting flowing back from the good old college days...ANYWAY, I'm bummed that I didn't get any pictures while we were there on Sat., but I'm heading back down with them tomorrow, so I'll have to get a couple then.

Besides getting Lyssee all ready, Friday we took sometime and hung out with Jeff and my brother Shaun at the shooting range. Yes, I said shooting range. Neither me, mom, or Elysse have ever gone shooting before. Jeff got into it a few years back, thanks to a motorcycle injury that kept him off his bike for awhile. He bought a few guns and has gone shooting with his dad and brother in laws a few times, usually around thanksgiving. Anyway, Shaun suggested we go on friday and we had a blast. It was actually a litle scary for me, walking into this stuffy room and having a bunch of men with loaded weapons shooting them. It took me a little bit to get comfortable in the place, but I ended up having a great time!

We were the only women in the place!


We had to put on the "eyes and ears" before we could go in.


The "Pros" showing the girls how it's done!


Shaun and I had a shooting contest, I think he beat me out by a hair on this one, but I won the long range shot. I swear!


This was Elysse's very first shot ever! BULLSEYE!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

GO GIRLS!!!...Great photos!!!!

Brandice said...

Woman, you are showing me up.

chelon:) said...

awesome! i so need to go with steve :) you gals look hot!

a-hyde said...

wow,i havent seen pictures of shaun forever. Is he married now? you look great.