Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Rebirth and the Day of the Dead

I'm two weeks late about posting pictures for Halloween and also we had a very special day for our family on Halloween. Megan was baptised on that very day. When I first was told that the stake baptism day was on Halloween, I think I was a little bit bothered by it at first. Why would they do that? A baptism on a holiday like that? It really was just a moment though, it was as if I got the answer just as quickly. Why not today? What's really more important? A silly holiday of dress up and candy or an opportunity to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost? Megan will never have to try and remember the date of her baptism.


Megan with Jeff


She looked beautiful in her dress!

It was a very intimate family gathering and it meant so much to have Jeff's parents, Amy, Ray and their family, Becky, Todd and their family, and Debbie, Brian, and Crue there. I was also so grateful to have Sassy (my mom) be able to be here, my sister Elysse, and my brothers Jim and Jason also take the time out of their busy schedules to be there to support Megan.


I'm so lucky that I get to be Megan's mom. She is such a great kid. She is truly a tenderheart and is so kind. She is a great sister (she has her moments, as we all do). She fits just perfectly in our family. I'm so proud of her!


It wasn't but a few hours after the baptism that we started gearing up for the night ahead. This year, the three older kids decided they wanted to dress up as vampires/zombie type creepy things. CJ, on the other hand wanted nothing to do with the costume thing. We tried a dragon costume, he screamed until we took it off. We also tried some motocross gear. I thought for sure, he would be excited about that, but no, not at all. Oh well! Good thing he is kid number four, I just decided it wasn't worth the fight, so he stayed home with Jeff and watched the World Series. (Sorry, for those of you who came by. I had a huge bowl of candy with lots of back up, which of course was still here when I got home. Jeff was in the basement, too concerned with the outcome of the game. Come on back by, you don't even have to dress up and I will give you the candy I owe you! :D ) I got some great shots of the kids in their costumes. I might even use one of them for our Christmas photo this year! haha.








CJ looks so festive, doesn't he?? (eye roll)



Don't you think this would work on a Christmas Card??

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Awesome that she was baptized on Halloween a day she'll always remember! Love the kids costumes!

chelon:) said...

congrats megan! what a wonderful experience...especially having your family there.

i love the halloween pics. they turned out awesome. i totally think you should use them on christmas cards. as long as i get one! xoxo

Julie Keddington said...

I can't believe those scary creatures are your cute kids. I'm a little worried about CJ's safety in one of the pictures. He loooks like he might be eaten alive! Good job on the make-up!