Friday, December 19, 2008

A Winter Wonderland

I just got in from spending almost 2 hours shoveling the driveway that looks like no shoveling was done at all. The snow is beautiful, and white. The lights on the houses and the trees seem to sparkle and shine just a little bit brighter. I love it! It made me start thinking about last Saturday, when it made another grand entrance as we were moving boxes from the other house. I realized that I haven't had a chance to formally thank all of you who took time out from this busy time of year to help us with moving and cleaning. You don't know how grateful we are for all the time that you gave to us. I'm sure it was the last thing you wanted to be doing on a friday and saturday so close to Christmas, but what a wonderful gift you all gave us. We had movers, cleaners, babysitters, and so many offers for help. My thanks seems so inadequate to what you all truly deserve, but I hope you know it comes from the bottom of my heart.

I caught a couple of these pictures when the trailer showed up to be unpacked. The snow started about 30 minutes before Brett, Randall, Chad, Jeff, Nat, and Nick showed up to help unload. They hauled butt and got the trailer unloaded in record time. Thanks again to everyone!! I love you all!


8 comments:

Leslie said...

It also hard moving but I think it's harder in the snow. You are fortunate you had people to help. It seem you guys are getting the snow that was heaped there Washington that finally moving away. SORRY!

Tami Harris said...

Ha! It's all your fault Leslie! Well, at least we'll have a white xmas right?

chelon:) said...

hey girl!! i am so glad that everything is in and ready for the holidays! now you deserve a break :) i hope i see you before i leave! i saw your cute dad today while visiting grandma! i sure miss all our fun christmas' we had as big families! what great memories we have to carry on with. i love you and miss you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got everything done safely. Take care and hope you can get some rest after things calm down. Love you.

Janel said...

your back in Bountiful, right? I love that house! ...maybe I can come babysit for a week again!!...you need another break, right?!

Janel said...

your back in Bountiful, right? I love that house! ...maybe I can come babysit for a week again!!...you need another break, right?!

Tami Harris said...

Ok Janel! Anytime! Hey I tried to email you and it came back. I know your blog is private, but I would love to stalk...will you invite me? :) Hope you had a great holiday!

Natalie Winquist said...

I was glad to help ya move- even if it was the last thing I wanted to have to do- not because it was snowing- but because I dreaded moving you further away from me! I miss you tons- but love ya enough to know that our relationship will survive any distance!! xoxox