Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bittersweet Blessings




So, I know. I definitely have not done well in keeping up with the blog. I'm sure you are no pins and needles waiting for pictures from Hawaii...and I have just a nibble...
Since we got back, things have been a bit crazy for us. So, you all know that we have been here in Kaysville for about a year and a half now. I just knew this was where I wanted to be probably for 12 years now. This was it, this was where we were going to stay for the long haul. I love my home, my yard, the neighborhood, etc. Everything about it was just good. But, in just a matter of moments...things change.
Unfortunately, we were never sucessful at getting our house sold up in NSL. We had people rent from us for about 9 months, but it was still difficult to get them to pay the rent in a timely manner, let alone at all. Well, they moved out the end of September and the house has been empty since. So, around that time Jeff and I feel like maybe we should just put this house on the MLS and just see what happens. We didn't have too much longer until we just couldn't pay two mortgages anymore. We ran many options back and forth to each other, but we just didn't know what to do. We just decided to see what happened.

Well, we head to Hawaii and have such a fantastic time. It was beautiful, peaceful, and trouble free. I kept saying to Jeff that we should just sell everything we own, get the kids, and move to Hawaii. There was just a feeling there that I will never forget.We could live in a hut, sell shells on the beach, Jeff could become a divemaster. What could be better than that? HA. Of course, that's not really realistic, but it was an idea. That seven days ended so quickly, we were back to real life before you know it.

In a nutshell...we get back, someone comes through the house here in Kaysville, decides they like it, put an offer in, we accept it. Now, we are off on another adventure. We're heading back to NSL. I'm excited to be back with old friends, the kids are familiar with the school, we have a nice home there. I know this was a huge blessing for us. How lucky are we in this market?

I'm very sad though, too. I just want to tell all you girls that I haven't gotten to know here, how grateful I am to have crossed paths with you. You are wonderful women, whom I love. You've all made an impact in my life and for that I am grateful. I know, I'm not moving out of state or across the globe, it's just 20 or so miles down the road. I do know how hard it is to keep in close touch when we are so wrapped up in our immediate lives, our family, school, ward callings, etc. that it's hard to keep the effort up. I'm guilty of that, I'm not good at that, so forgive me now! :)

I've started packing up now and we'll be finishing up next weekend. I want to be somewhat settled before Christmas. I'm going to have the kids start at the new/old school the week before school gets out for the holidays so they can get the nerves out and feel comfortable when the go back in January.

Crazy times! Bare with me...I may or may not get Christmas cards out. I may not write here again for awhile. Love me anyway! :)

13 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Nat told me last night, and I was and still am sad. I really think you are an amazing person and so fun to be with and about the easiest person to talk with EVER! We will miss your fam like crazy and Kendalyn and Adri will miss Megan -she is so sweet and we have loved getting to know her too. I want to help - so let me know when you will be needing it:)

Leslie said...

So sorry Tami but at least you loved the neighborhood that you left before Kaysville. There something said about NSL too. Wish you the best.

Sara said...

Tami...we love you and promise to keep in touch!! Please let us know what we can do to help!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie Bingham said...

Good Luck I will miss you!

Jenny H said...

You're forgiven for a minute for the blogging-but once you are settled, you better step it up so we can keep in touch!!! You're totally off the hook in the Christmas card dept.
Love you,
Jen

Brandice said...

Tami, I know there's good and bad. It's hard, isn't it. We will be glad to have you back so close, though. Clo misses playing with Ashley and I'll be glad to be able to see all of you more often. Hope the move goes well. Just thinking about you.... Brand

chelon:) said...

i'm sorry... good luck with the move. it is definitely a blessing that you sold your house in this economy. good luck with everything!! hope to see you soon. btw, great pics from hawaii!!

LT said...

Tami - It bums me out to hear that you had to put your house on the market. I remember how much you loved that place. Katie and I are about to close on a new pad and put our condo on the market. I hope we have as much luck as you in finding a buyer. If not, we'll be in that fun boat of finding a renter. If I can do anything for you guys, please let me know.

nana said...

Tami, We are so sad that you have to move. I didn't know that you hadn't sold your house in NSL. At least you were able to sell one and you are familiar with the other area. I know you will miss the family being so close and they will miss you. Hope you get all moved before Christmas. Rod and I went to Hawaii last April and we just loved it as well. We know what you mean by selling everything and moving there. Rod didn't really want to go but wanted to see Brandon so he went and he loved it. He is trying to think of ways he can teach over there at BYU or serve a mission there. Debbie

Natalie Winquist said...

Of course it's a blessing, I know! But I can't help but pout when I think of you moving! I've said it in person- which is more private & that way I can boob without people having to suffer seeing me that way- but I am publicly stating that this sucks! I will miss you- so be prepared to drive- a lot! i love ya- no matter where you are

Jessica O. said...

Tami-

I grew up in Kaysville and it is great but so is NSL. It is hard to move no matter where you go. We look forward to seeing you. Which class will Parker be in?

The Taylor Family said...

CALL ME!!!!!!