Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Alaskan Adventure

I'm pretty pathetic, I have to say. So, when I said in my last blog that pictures of Jeff's trip will be coming soon I guess that means an entire month later. Better late then never right??

Jeff and his friend Randall had a fantastic time fishing in Alaska. They got to fish for four days, one day in the river for salmon and trout and the other three days out on the sea for halibut, cod, and other fish (d0n't remember the names). Jeff loved fishing in the river, that was his favorite part of the trip. The brought home some very tasty salmon, but they couldn't keep any trout, it had to be thrown back. He loved it, the fish fought like crazy and they were BIG!



Fishing for halibut was fun for him, but he was disappointed becuase they didn't catch any "big ones". The first day he didn't think he had the technique, but I guess didn't find it the other days either. :) On one of the days, a guy on their boat pulled in a 130 pound halibut (not pictured here, I do have a picture, crazy big) and he said that was fun to see it, but wishes he was the one that was reeling it in. I know in fishing it's all about the size of the fish, blah...blah...blah but I tell you, it sure tastes amazing!! Done a couple of fish frys, (even invested $30 in a fryer) with the halibut and it is soo good, beer batter and everything! :) We have already made a nice dent in the 65 pounds of fish he brought home.


(These aren't all of their fish, just everything the boat caught for the day)

On their last day they were there, they didn't fish so they had a bit of free time before they had to take their 2 hour drive back to the airport. They decided to go for a little drive and check out a glacier. I asked Jeff if it had a name and he said yes, but didn't remember it. You can't leave Alaska without a picture of a glacier can you?? So, here it is...



I'm glad he had a great time, but I'm looking forward to being able to go with him and the rest of my family back to Alaska on a cruise at the end of August!!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

chelon:) said...

looks like a fun trip! i wish that i could be there in august :( it is sooo unfortunate that babies have to be 6 months old! love you!

The Hardy's said...

I'm seriously drooling. I love me some fresh salmon. Oh, and the halibut's not bad either.

Anonymous said...

Wow do they look Hot in those fishing clothes!!! Ha Ha... Yes Alaska Im so excited. Cant wait to see you all!

Jenny H said...

I'm cooking salmon tonight, but now I wish I had some fresh Alaskan! I'm excited for you to take a cruise with your fam soon! How fun!

Natalie Winquist said...

I put my whole "halibut" tasting (& liking!) in my journal! HA! I'm excited for your cruise too- so I can eat my baby up!!

AJ Gorham said...

Good times for the boys! Yummy fish...just so you know. I love halibut....just a little fyi. tee hee

Laurel said...

Brian and Debbie shared some of that extra fish with us.....it was so good! :) Thanks for sending it home with them!

Taylor Family said...

Tami, I found your blog off Becky's site. Your sure have a beautiful family. I can't believe how much everyone has grown since we saw you last. Check out our blog at www.markandadria.blogspot.com!